Thursday, June 23, 2011

Farmers Wife Quilt Along



I joined a new group on Flickr, The Farmers Wife Quilt Along.  You can check it out here. It was started by Amanda and Angela.  Thank you ladies I am enjoying it so much.  The woman, Laurie Hird, who wrote the book has a website here, The Farmers Wife Quilt.


The Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt Quilt-Along

I have made a few so far. I love a sampler quilt for its variety. You never get bored of any shape/block. You can make it scrappy too so you will never get bored of any color either. I think that is why I like scrappy quilts so much.

 For some reason this one, Big Dipper, came out really small.  I made it twice- cant figure it out.  I need to redo it.
Need to square this one as it is slightly off.

2 comments:

kat said...

I'm loving the pinks

Linni said...

lovely colours, really pretty.

If you are having trouble with blocks sizes its possible that your templates have printed out too small. Check that your printers scaling is set to "none" this has been a problem for lots of QAL members.