Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sketch of the Week: flourish

I have not had internet for almost a week.  It feels like an eternity.  It is amazing how hooked I am on the internet.  My connection to so many people.  Reading blogs is so validating, knowing I am not alone.  Facebook to see how family and friends are doing.  Emails, often vital links to people.  Goodness, how dependent I have become.

I am behind in posting my sketches.  This is flourish.  A beautiful word.  We had fun sketching this out.  This may be the start of a beautiful artistic tradition with my children! My youngest joined us this time.  She wanted her plants to flourish with some water.  It all started because I accidentally spilled something on her paper.  She was a little upset at first.  But then I said artists always change mistakes into part of the picture.  (well, maybe not always).  And she quickly turned her thinking around, got up and poured herself a glass of water and sprinkled it over her paper.
 This one is my oldest daughters who decided to go with a poem and drawing.
 Here is the water sprinkly one by my youngest daughter.
This one my oldest daughter did.  Not so much about flourish but rather about our dog.  I just wanted to save it in a picture because I liked her angle.  As a child I don't think I would have thought of aerial views, nor do I think I could do one.  I have to say that Bella's art teacher has a lot to do with her abilities.  She has done a great job teaching my kids about art.  We couldn't ask for a finer teacher. 

No comments: