Thursday, June 5, 2014

Doll Clothes- Jacket

My daughters received an American Girl Doll for Christmas last year.  I have made a few outfits with my daughters for the dolls and few on my own.  I guess I was so busy making doll clothes that I never posted... Matter of fact there are quite a few projects that I never posted.  In the coming months I hope to get it all out there.

This is one of the first things I made for the American Girl Doll.  It fits her just fine.  If you would like the pattern it is Simplicity 5733.  

The pattern was very easy to follow. The one thing you should not neglect to do is it is turn up the hem on the sleeve before you sew the sleeve closed. Lesson learned.

I used a pair of jeans that no longer fit my daughter I thought they would be perfect for a jean jacket and skirt.  The skirt is not in the pattern - that was my creation.  I used the actual hem of the jeans for the bottom of the skirt.

No comments: