Friday, June 5, 2015

1000 Pyramid



At long last I have finished my 1000 Pyramid Quilt.  I started making it during my first quilt class ever.  It was the one that really started me in quilt making.  During the class, the teacher had said that someone from her class was inspired to make it several years ago and she just thought that was pretty neat.  I liked the idea too.  However, I knew mine was going to be a long time in the making. I wanted no repeaters. 

Funny thing is that it shows the years I have been making it.  The beginning rows of triangles are a bit wonky.  And the ones that were sewn recently are laying very flat and are perfectly aligned.  It's been quite a journey. A very happy journey and of course, the journey continues.  Its such a learning process. 

If you would like to make it, there are several tutorials on the web.  I used this template from Quilters Cache.  I made it a five inch triangle from tippy top point to the bottom.



No comments: