Friday, October 9, 2015

Pumpkin Rising

If only there were 48 hours in a day I could get so much done.  But there is 24.  I will just have to deal.

Its Finish It Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.  Can I tell you I have been trying to link up to it for, like, three weeks.  But every time, I forget or I am too late or I think of it too early.  This Friday. This is my day.  I am posting this to join the crowd of people that "get er done".  Because I am all about getting stuff done.  Its been my campaign for two years.  And I have done it.  Not as many as I would like, mind you, but I am plugging along.

This project here was started two years ago when I had went to the last Brockport Quilt Show.  I found the panel and the beautiful fabric at Country Treasures In Brockport.

I pulled it out of its UFO Box and decided to finish it up.  I had become discouraged about it because the squares didn't line up with the panel and I had a hard time squaring up the panel.  I was frustrated, so it got set aside.  Since then, I have learned that panels can be hard to square up.  At least that is what some people I know say.

So, I let the perfection go and focused on getting it done and practicing my free motion quilting.  I have been free motion quilting for a couple years but every piece teaches you something new.  At least that is my experience.

I am pretty happy with this area.
 
And this area.

No comments: