Friday, September 17, 2010

Block 1 for class

I am so into my class.  My teacher is phenomenol and my classmates are very nice.  I am learning so much.  What a pleasure. 

We are doing a sampler quilt, aka legacy quilt.  I wanted some neutral colors that were autumn like and relaxing.  So funny as soon as I picked them out and brought them home I didn't like them.  What a bummer.  But of course after spending all that money I am moving forward with the quilt.  Honestly, it is growing on me a bit.  I found a tiny piece of scrap fabric that will jazz it up.  Now I have to see if I can find it out in the stores or something similar. 

The first square for the quilt is above.  I learned piecing which I have never done.  But so many things by the way of quilting I have never done. We have five squares to complete by next class.  Whew! 

1 comment:

kat said...

I've decided I'm going to take a class after the holidays too, I want to learn the right way to quilt