Saturday, January 7, 2012

Randomness

While we were away at Christmas time I found a great shop that was having a sale... six dollars per yard.  I just had to get some of this yummy fabric, er, fabrics. I see skirts for my girls.
This beautiful little bowl was given to me by a friend of mine.  She does pottery.  I must take it at other angles so you can see more of its beauty.  I actually have it posted in my food blog about red pepper relish on Lori's Lipsmacking Goodness.
These cute mugs are from the MM store in NYC.  Yup, three floors dedicated to the MM guys- a marketer's dream.... only in America.  The red one says", "Wanna a piece of me?" and the blue one says, "It's all good".  The red one is for me on color alone and the blue one is for my husband.  But as far as our personalities go, the ying yang thing, I am more of the Its all good with a little of the piece of me.  And my husband the opposite. 
This here (minus a button I sewed on for the door) was for a gift exchange at our quilters guild. I did not get to see her.  I hoped she liked it. 
This was a tote I sewed from scraps I received at a silent auction.  I made it for my Aunt D.  She is a master sewer.  When I was in my early twenties she made a gown for me for a wedding I was in.  The sizes only went up to 18 and I was in a 20.  There was virtually no difference in our gowns.  Except for the fact that mine was probably the most quality made one of the bunch.  She did all of it without a pattern. AMAZING!

This final one here is a dress I made for our friends daughter for her American girl doll.  I have to get a pic of it in the light because the purples are so pretty and it just does not show up like that in this picture.

1 comment:

kat said...

Wow, you have been doing some amazing sewing! I love that bag!