Thursday, May 17, 2012

What does first mean?

What is my first quilt really?  That is a hard question to answer.  If my frist quilt means my first pieced top then that would have been one I did some twenty years ago.

If you asked me what is my first quilt, pieced, quilted and binding on.  Then it would be the squares one I did for my daughter.  Everything off in the seams and very simplistic quilting, 1/4 inch in.
If the first quilt is, pieced, quilted, after a class where I really found out what quilting is about- then this is the one. 
But really I consider this truly my second quilt.
I really wanted to name this quilt- sampler of mistakes.  There was quite a series of mistakes from beginning to end on this quilt.  It was my first class so my blocks are slightly less than perfect.  There was lots of pulling and stretching going on to make this work- hence some portions that were really difficult to quilt.
Even so, I am okay with it now.  I can be proud of the fact that I finished it.  If nothing else, I am very happy with that.

1 comment:

kat said...

That is amazing! I especially like how you quilted the star block