Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wind

If you have a windy day, you might go sailing.  You might piece together a little sailboat to take you on an imaginative journey.  Maybe to an island, where you can sip some juice and hear the seagulls.  Dip your toes in the water and make a sand castle.  Just a little getaway on your little sailboat.
I did a few sailboats.  This one was sort of patterned after a block by Sandy Gervais.  I found it when I was researching quilting and sailboats.  I thought it was a pieced sailboat so I started piecing it together myself.  Then when I was almost finished I realized it was a panel. Ha ha ha. 

Don't you love the painterly water here?  I do.  I had to make some sail boats to go with it.  Found it at a stash sale, more on that later.
Maybe with some wind you could fly a kite.  My daughter did and I remembered how much fun flying a kite is!  Thanks chicky.  It was a lot of fun watching you enjoy your little adventure.  Ms. Penguin seemed to be enjoying it too!

1 comment:

kat said...

Wow, that water fabric is perfect!