Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wonky Quilted Pillows

I use to have this word that I kind of made up for huge- wonga.  That would be a great name for these Wonga Wonky Pillows. Wouldn't that be fun to say! You said just then, didn't you? I know I did.

This started off as a doll blanket.  But I just had to have it.  I remembered I had two pillows that needed to be recovered.  The covers that were on them were pretty out of date. Besides these were just too fun.  So I added a little bit of a border just to size them up and a zipper so I could wash them and voila.  Fun exciting pillows for the play room!  (Notice they do not go in the room they are pictured in.)
If you want to recreate something like this.  Just cut 8 - nine inch squares.  If you want the center square to be the same as the outside, then do 9. Then just cut 9 inch squares of the other colors you want and then cut them into triangles and sew them onto the blue (or whatever color you are using) 9 inch squares wonky style.  (I really have to get used to taking pictures of my creative process so that you can see what I am talking about).

1 comment:

kat said...

That are so fun and bright.