Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Feathered Star

Here is what I have been painstakingly working on over the past month.  It was kind of a personal challenge.  I did good but not as good as I would have liked. I am calling this a practice run.

I have Marsha McCloskey's book Feathered Stars and have also followed some advice from Erin Russek of One Piece At A Time.  That has been very helpful to me because I used a rotary cutter and Marsha uses templates.

My Mom being the traditionalist she is, saw this, and said, oh, Lori, you have to make two of these for the kids. Argh! Does she know how long it takes to make one.  How exacting every stitch is?  I did say that to her but her reply was, "Its worth it, this is an heirloom type quilt."

While we are on the subject-  I think scrap quilts are heirlooms.  Not my Mom apparently. Really, I have seen people say that on their blogs and heard people say that.  I am not totally in agreement with that statement.  Think of how quilts first go started.  They were made from scraps.  They certainly are heirloom, are they not?

No comments: