Monday, August 4, 2014

August 4 Preparing A Shot

On my blog Lori's Lipsmacking Goodness you will find great shots, not so great shots and some down right crappy shots.  I don't really care about perfection of photography on my food blog.  I care about sharing recipes.  I care about sharing my enthusiasm for good, whole food, canning and whatever tricks I have learned along the way.

When there is food that I can spend my time on, setting up a shot, I like to do just that.  I like to pick colors, pick plates, pick angles, pick composition.  I play around with all that.  Must admit that I have a collection of mismatched plates that I like to use for shooting.  When I see something cool at a garage sale I buy it.  Just a side note, I recently found a dish made in Italy for 25 cents.  "How do you do Mr. Plate, you certainly are handsome."  It was quickly added to my collection.

There are a lot of great blogs out there that will tell you how to set up shots and all that information is free on the Internet.  Isn't that majorly marvelous? I think so.  You can make your own lightbox.  Very cool.  Especially useful in the winter when natural lighting is at a premium.  Of course if you want to pay money, you can take classes from people who have mastered their game.  Also pretty fabulous but unfortunately I don't have that kind of money for that or really that kind of desire for that.  I prefer to spend my money on quilting and my kids.  Maybe not in that order. 


Blueberry Sauce
So what is this post about?  Me setting up a shot and sharing it with you in pictures.  Period.

No comments: