Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 6: The Rochester Zoo

A lesson learned from nature:  If a fence gets in your way, by all means grow right through it.
I was looking forward to hanging with my friend but not looking forward to the zoo so much.  The kids are getting a little old for it in a lot of ways.  They still like animals and such but it has lost its magical quality.  Except for my one daughter, who still kind had some of that magical thing going on but was embarrassed because the older kids did not.  But back to my original point, I decided since I have been there ten million times (yes, really that many) eh hem, that I would try to find something unique to me.  And boom that tree.  I never looked up until that moment and thought it was pretty cool.
They were feeding the seals, I really enjoyed watching them snack on their fishy meals.
 The totem pole was kind of cool.
As always, the monkeys are entertaining.  This one was picking his own bugs.

No comments: