Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Iron Craft: Craft with a Book

I don't know if this is what Iron Craft meant when they said this weeks challenge was a craft with a book.  Honestly, I looked at all my books and couldn't think of anything that cried out to me.  I did however remember my journal.  I have been meaning to post about my journal and get that going again as it has fizzled out ( a long time ago).  The pic above I just did the other day.  If you notice I had missed coloring parts of the flower.  Yup- those over forty eyes doing artwork, not realizing that I really need to have my readers on even with art work.  Ugh!
This sketch I did a number of years ago.  If you will notice there isnt a thing representing quilting or blogging for that matter and those two things certainly take up a great deal of my time and require creativity.

This is me on the left and my friend on the right.  She is one of our Four Corners Gals.  We meet monthly and have been doing so for over ten years now.  Even during my move out of town, we kept right on meeting.
This was the first page in the journal.  This represents our Four Corners.  We have nicknamed each other a long time ago.  I am Red Feather Swimming.  We have earth, air, fire and water represented.  We each gave each other our elements.  It was obvious to all of use for many reasons who was what.  The Compass Rose representing the directions of the earth and our lives, etc. Our group is very spiritual but not religious.  It has always been about peace, grace, support and kindness.  When I am with these ladies for our monthly get together it is like going on a spiritual retreat.  I am grateful for all of them.

So thank you, Just Crafty Enough, for lighting a fire under my butt to get going with my journal.

No comments: