Thursday, May 30, 2013

Off To The Show

These quilts are off to be entered into a quilt show.  It is my first time ever entering one of my quilts in a quilt show.  Yes, I entered three.  Two regular sized quilts and one wall hanging.  Do I think they will win anything?  Nope.  Why?  Because there is seriously amazing talent in the group that will be doing the show.  Over 500 quilts.  Not all are entered for judging but still that is a lot of people.

So why did I enter?  My friend convinced me when she said, it is kind of like school and final exams.  Entering the quilt in the show marks a period where you have accomplished something and have moved on to another level.  I thought that was an excellent way to look at it. 

Here is a link to the quilt show information.  It will be this weekend in Rochester NY at the RIT Fieldhouse.

No comments: