Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Wall Hanging Ribbon Bulletin Board



I have been finishing some projects that have been nagging at me for a while.  Some years of nagging, some months of nagging.  Even though I have been totally scattered and distracted I somehow managed to get two loads of laundry done, finish this wall poster board type thing, a door hanger which I will show you next time and a block for the 2012 Craftsy Block of the Month.  Dang.

And yes I know it really isn't terribly straight.  It doesn't matter.  When it is hung and she has all kids of pictures and cards and to dads tucked in it, who will be the wiser?

Some things are worth trying to achieve perfection.  This project was more of a "get 'er done".

How did I do it?

I used two cardboard fabric holding bolts that a lot of fabric stores will be happy to give you if you ask nicely.

Next I glued them together and on to a yard stick that was broken down into pieces.  The yeard sticks were put on vertically to give it stability.

Then I wrapped it in fabric and glued it down to the cardboard.

Then I stapled the ribbon in working in a cross-weave type pattern. I staple gunned at the point where the ribbons crossed.

I also stapled the fabric down in the back along with the extra lngth of ribbon.

I decorated the ribbon "joints" with paper flowers.

Just a funny FYI this ribbon was given to me by my Mother who had received from her mother.  I had been saving it for the perfect project.  Silly me.  I used it for this.  I am sure her great grand daughter will love it. (probably from the 1960s).

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Beautiful!
Wow, that ribbon has a history. It's the perfect project to show it off and enjoy it!