Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Iron Craft Challenge: The color green

Iron Craft challenge for this week was to do something green, the color green.  I did a little green.  It may look yellow but it is actually a pale green. 

This is a Cathedral Window pattern that I learned this past Sunday.  As you whip it up you are making the front and back at the same time.  No need to buy batting and backing.  The down side is that it uses up a ton of fabric.  You can see an excellent tutorial from this guy at this site.  Check it out.

There is also another way to do cathedral window quilts that I will show you when I make a bit more progress.

3 comments:

kat said...

Its very pretty even if it uses a ton of fabric

Katherine said...

Just lovely, Lori. I love cathedral window quilts and your fabric choices are so pretty!

shopgirl said...

GREAT work. I want to do one of these this year too. ! Bravo.
Thank you for the link, that is a VERY through tutorial. !!