Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Iron Craft: Fat Quarter for Fat Tuesday- Pyramid Coin Purse

The challenge for this months Iron Craft was to use a fat quarter for something.  Perfect.  I needed and excuse to make this cute little bag.


This little coin purse, measuring about 5 inches across is so perfect for some money, keys and lipstick.  Or whatever you want.  I saw it on Sew Me Something Good and knew I had to make it.  I followed her directions, which were written so well.  Go step by step and dont be overwhelmed.  It is quite simple after the first run through.  You will be making tons of them, they are rather addicting. 

I did change it a bit.  I made a tiny quilt sandwich with muslin and then used a piece of kona for the lining.  Its sturdier than the first one I made with just two piece of fabric plus lining.

3 comments:

Beth Hawks said...

Very cute. Thanks for sharing w/ the Iron Crafters :)

Dee - Queen Wifey said...

what a great little bag! I've been eyeing that tute from sew me something good for quite a while now. glad someone has completeted it. I'll just keep thinking about it. ;)

Katherine said...

Super cute, Lori! Thanks so much for sharing your version and I love your tip for making it sturdier. I really appreciate your feedback on my tutorial. Writing tutorials, it's always my aim to make things easy and understandable - but I just never know until someone actually uses it and tells me how it went. You've made my day with your kind words.